Tier 1 Product Support Analyst
Are you a “helper”? Do you have a sense of satisfaction when you have been able to help someone solve a problem?
Do you enjoy challenges? Do you refuse to quit until you have been able to figure out how to resolve an issue?
Do you enjoy working independently, but also appreciate the knowledge you gain by working with fellow team members?
Are you confident in your skillset, but always eager to learn more?
Would you like to be associated with a great team of people who work hard and laugh just as hard, but with the convenience of working from home so you can avoid getting their colds?
If this sounds like you, please take a look at our posting for a Tier I Product Support Analyst!
The Tier I Product Support Analyst will provide Level I client support for Global Learning Systems’ learning management system (“LMS”) and associated products and will be involved in planning, integrations, implementations, and ongoing maintenance and assistance.
This role is not desktop support nor internal IT support, but is a client-facing role. Its main focus is troubleshooting for a web-based training platform and courses. This will include technical aspects around content delivery issues, browser related issues, and website errors. This role will also assist in or lead post-launch product use-case scenario conversations and troubleshooting sessions. Support communication may be done via email, chat, or phone and may include remote screen sharing. Analyst will also be responsible for support of these systems for internal team members.
- Support a globally accessible enterprise web application featuring user management, user reporting, and administrative functionality.
- Troubleshoot LMS, content, and course issues impacting client use. These may be technical and require knowledge of operating systems and browsers.
- Perform, assist in performing, or offer instruction and manage client in performing regular maintenance items.
- Assist team members in planning and implementation of client product setup and configuration.
- Manage client communication and expectations via various communication methodologies (email, phone, etc.)
- Ensure client satisfaction, even during service interruptions and while solving issues.
- Analyze client issues, capture required and necessary information, and document details in a professional and detailed manner allowing for escalation points and management to easily and quickly understand as needed. Respond and take corrective action in a timely, effective manner.
- Manage documentation of client issues at all times, ensuring all communication is included and current status is clearly stated.
- Document and clearly communicate instruction and resolutions to client and internal resources in a professional way tailored to that person’s role.
- Review and understand new features and functionality to be able to offer client instruction as needed.
- Monitor ticket queue for new issues and assign as needed.
- Manage workload quickly prioritizing and re-prioritizing at all times.
- 1+ years troubleshooting and support experience with High School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Is extremely detail-oriented and organized; a self-starter with the ability to work remotely and travel to periodic onsite team meetings
- Critical to success in this role is the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with a wide range and diverse group of people; includes internal team members and clients
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and various browsers as well as Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cross-functionally across various departments and roles
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to complete tasks and projects with little or no direction
- Able to multitask, manage multiple projects and activities, and prioritize workload
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proactive, independent, and a self-starter wanting to learn and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent and positive customer service attitude
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Strong client and company advocate
- NOTE: Basic knowledge of email transmission, Single Sign-on, and web content delivery would be helpful in this role, but not required
Working Hours: Standard workday begins at 7 am weekdays, Eastern US time.
Location: Position is 100% remote, but preference will be given to applicants from the Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia area. Initial on-site training near Baltimore in the first 1-2 weeks
Excellent Company Benefits Package 401k, Vacation/Holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and more.